- Italian focus on the Quality rather than quantity of units – Mussolini wanted 100 infantry divisions, and as a result they were poorly supplied, say he focused on 20 high quality infantry divisions who were better supplied and equipped instead?
- Italian Naval Focus – Italy pours more resources into submarines in the 1930’s instead of scrapped projects like aircraft carriers, it fields a slightly larger number of ships
- Early Italian Mobilization – Italy was ill prepared and Ill equipped for WW2 as they didn’t believe a global war was on the horizon, and they didn’t start mobilizing until 1940 and didn’t get fully mobilized until 1942, perhaps if they’d started mobilizing earlier in say in 37 after the fall of Ethiopia they could’ve been fully mobilized and ready for war in ‘39.
- Early Italian Realistic Objectives and Prep – Italy invaded Greece with only 10 days of preparation, and they didn’t have any realistic goals in the war, so here are some: capture Malta, North Africa, Greece and western Yugoslavia. In this timeline they have plans in place for all of those.
- During WW2 invades Malta and captures it, taking a strategic piece away from the allies
- During WW2, Joint German-Italian-Turkish Invasion of Greece in October, Greece falls by November due to better planning and equipment and another front
- Immediately Afterword a Major Focus on capturing Egypt Joint German-Italian-Turkish effort from two fronts; Rommel dispatched in winter 1940 when the campaign starts: better supplied etc. Capture Egypt in early 1941 kicking British out of that half
- Assist Turks in capturing Greek islands including Cyprus in 1940
- Allows Germany to invade Gibraltar and Portugal in late 1940 after the fall of france; they were too weak to actually invade Portugal, but Germany could have, and that would’ve provided a valueable strategic port at Gibraltar which combined with Egypt would’ve sealed the Mediterranean from the allies before 1941, there would be a stalemate in Egypt but the axis controls North Africa
- Joins the axis in June 1940, the least realistic part of this but the most impactful.
- Helps secure Egypt
- Sieges and secures the Middle East
- Ties up British and Russian troops
- Provides a railway for Dutch east indie oil to get to Germany; the British wouldn’t be able to stop the Japanese navy, German navy and Italian navy all at full strength from delivering oil to turkey while also focusing on defending its homeland, it would prioritize Britain. The two sides would have nearly equivalent numbers.
- Doesn’t invade China in 1937, this ties up soviet resources in the Chinese theater; this also keeps the un and us off Japan’s back
- Focus on the Dutch East Indies only, and first, this keeps the us embargo off the table. They conquer it and fill their and Germany’s oil needs while crippling Britain; they conquer all of Indio China except the Philippines and Vietnam.
- During WW2 they invade The Soviet Eastern Ports and Conquer British Islands in the Pacific, otherwise they provide naval support and tie up soviet Troops
- They don’t declare war on the US
- Keep chezh as a protectorate instead of invading
- Four corners peace conference, could’ve actually happened, Germany gets the polish corridor and Italy gets the coast of yugioslavia
- Albert Spear/ Wartime Economy Focus in 1939, adding around 40,000 total tanks to the German supply for the start of the war. Germany will also focus specifically on Panzer 4’s instead of any project like V8 rockets that didn’t go anywhere. So add an extra 10,000 tanks.
- Germany launches Barbarossa after they finish conquering Greece in early 1940 a few months ahead of OTL,
- Germany opens a new front to capture Murmansk, this is of vital importance, and Germany uses Finland and Norway to get it, whatever the casualties it’s fine.
- Barbarossa goes better than in OTL, better supplied and equipped axis, who starter earlier in the spring with better quality troops invade a Soviet Union who has to keep extra troops in turkey and in the north and who has exactly zero ports receiving lend-lease from the US. They probably get close to Moscow by the winter and wrap up the war in 1943, stale mating at the Ural Mountains with what’s left of the soviets on the other side