- Get a first job (if you don’t have one) and a second job; or a first job and a small job like lawn mowing on the weekends to make some extra money
- Get a “discovered it” secured credit card for $500 so you can build a credit score early
- Get a credit builder Loan from “self”; 1 year is fine to build some more credit; should cost around $50 a month or so and when you get the money back add it to the next step
- Set up an emergency fund in a high yield savings account; goal is 10k in there; also 1k cash on hand and 1k in precious metals for an emergency; should take around 1-2 years to build depending on your income
- After that’s complete open up a Roth IRA and contribute $120 a week until it’s maxed out; if you do this for 40 years (until 60) at a 9.8% (which is what the market returned) rate of return you’ll have $3 million tax free, so your retirement is secure
- Don’t buy a new car, get a clunker for cheap or something 5+ years old so there’s no depreciation
- Go to college, and focus on your education outside of college
- Finally focus on real estate, after the emergency fund is setup put every penny you can into a second high yield savings account, your goal with this is to get to 30k and to buy your first rental property to generate cash flow; you should be able to buy at least 3 properties by age 30, check out other subs for more info
- Also open a bank account at a local bank, they usually offer student accounts
- If your company offers a 401k do it, especially a Roth 401k, contribute then necessary amount to get a company match, for example if they match 100% on 5% contributed that’s free money; if you put in $15 a week, they’ll give you an extra $15; remember you can’t withdraw the 401k or IRA until age 59.5 (basically 60) so just forget about it.
- Make a budget every month, write down your bills first, then write down your investments but pay the investments first and bills second; ex: gym, insurance then investments but pay the investments first
Published by Chad Thunder Cock
Chad thundercock is an alpha male with big dick energy. He's the coolest guy you'll ever meet.
View more posts