If I had to restart my life with any five things here’s what they would be –
When I say restart my life I don’t mean fake my own death, like in a movie; I mean literally restart my life, as an infant in the hospital in 2000, these five things are the best things to give myself:
- I going to get $1 billion from warren buffet for filling out a perfect March madness bracket so in 2014 that’s what I would do, good for me.
- I’d invest every penny I came across from the time I was born up until my big winnings in 2014 and invest it in one company – I could’ve probably saved up $20,000 from birthdays, christmases and jobs so say $1 billion and 20 thousand total – into Amazon at $300 a share in 2014 or around 330k shares; more than 75% of the existing company. Amazon today is 6x as valuable as it was back then, so I just multiplied my money somewhere around $6 billion.
- I’m going to need some more money, and what better way to do that than by winning the lottery? It’s usually a nearly impossible thing to do, but luckily I have hindsight on my side and by that I mean a sheet with every lottery winning number since February 17, 2018; the year I’d become old enough to play; I’m also going to take cash, as I love compound interest, so here goes: somewhere around $5 billion which is a good number total is $11 billion at 20 years old in 2020, that would definitely set me up for life.
- I’d want to do something of value with my life, so how about theft? I’m bringing back a flash drive filled with every movie I like since 2020 and I’m going to put each one up in the movie theaters, so movie series like marvel etc will gross me let’s say $50 billion total since there’s no need to factor in expenses
- Finally I’d bring with me a cell phone from the future and a charger. Will there be any WiFi? Not for awhile, but in the meantime, I can use the design to found A company like Apple early on and make beaucoup bucks off of it – sorry Steve Jobs.
- Bonus: with all of my money I’d buy some sports teams – how about the Brooklyn nets and not make the trade for KG, the jets would be a good franchise to buy in the NFL, and the Mets to round out teams from New York that rhyme. For a total of $4.5 billion this seems like a steal to me. Plus I’ve still got $3+ billion left.